So in this webinar, Vidhya Shanker was our guest of honr.
The week’s seed topic: The Invisible Labor of Women of Color and Indigenous Women in Evaluation
Topic inspiration: Vidhya’s recent AEA365 Post
Resources/Links Shared in the Chat
- check out https://www.raisingfreepeople.com/about/ Akilah Richards talks a lot about decolonizing education through self directed education practices
- For others, here are some of the poeple I’m listening to in particular, in addition to Vidhya: Nicole Bowman, Audrey Jordan, Shiree Teng, Domenica McBride.
- La RED TIG page: https://comm.eval.org/lared/home
- MIE TIG AEA page: http://comm.eval.org/multiethnicissuesinevaluation/home
- another WOC who felt shirked by the academy… https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/summer-2019/whats-my-complicity-talking-white-fragility-with-robin-diangelo
- Interested in reading Vidhya’s dissertation, here it is https://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/11299/211799
Full Chat Transcript is Attached.